Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Start of Ski Season in JH

This year has been a rough start to the ski season in Jackson. We have just had warm and freezing cold temperatures since November. The mountain is open, but is the least amount of snow it has seen since for this time of year since 1976. We all keep hoping that it will start snowing soon, but in the mean time I am making the best of the snow that we do have. I have been skiing the pass, which has actually been really good you just need to be light on your feet. Jackson Hole Mountain Resort is still a the best training grounds I think around and the conditions are challenging, but I feel make you a better skier. I am leaving for Revelstoke in about a week, so taking nonstop runs has helped me get back into skiing shape. Also I have been physically training at the gym doing lots of core and balance stabilization, which I think is so important for any recreational athlete. I also skied Targhee for a day with my good friends Mike Leake and Sarah Felton. That was probably one of the best ski days I have had beautiful views of the tetons and fast nonstop runs. I feel for the most part I am ready for the first competition in Canada which is part of the Freeskiing World Tour. I then head to Chamonix for the the first stop on the Freeride World Tour, which I am really stoked about.

No comments: