Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tram opens, my first real day skiing in 10 weeks!!


Photo credit: Julie Weinberger

The last 10 weeks have been tough, I have been trying to stay positive and look forward to summer, but all I have been wanting to do is ski. My season got cut short this year when I broke my Fibula in the middle of March. Since I broke my leg it has been a powder day almost every other day! I realize that I am very lucky and it could be a lot worse, but an injury is an injury and is always difficult. I skied Taylor Mountain at my 8 week anniversary and my leg was still really painful and week. My proprioception still has a long ways to go. I have been training in the gym to get my strength back, which has been awesome for my confidence as well.
Photo credit: Julie Weinberger

I went on a little vacation and then decided to give skiing another go, right at my 10 week anniversary. The last day I had skied before I got hurt was on Cody, so it definitely brought back some good and bad memories. It was so beautiful as we hiked to Foreshadows and I was shocked with how much snow was there. I was a little nervous to ski, because I was not sure if my leg would work properly, but sure enough I jumped in and had three awesome turns. I could feel my leg, but overall is felt great. We then hiked to Powder Eights doing two laps there. It was so awesome to ski fast again and feel my skis underneath me! The last 10 weeks have been a great learning experience and chance for me to focus on other things, but I have never missed skiing so much and never been happier to ski!!!



Photo credit: Julie Weinberger

No comments: