Thursday, July 21, 2011

South America and Red Bull Powder Disorder


Las Lenas


I have decided to give the Freeskiing World Tour another go, the last 2 years I have not participated in the entire tour. Thanks to my sponsors and my second place finish on the tour last year I think I am going to be able to compete in every stop this season. The first stop is going to be in Las Lenas Argentina and is an invite only event based off of results from last season. Red Bull is helping sponsor the event which brings a little more money into the competition and we are supposed to have a helicopter, which is exciting! Since breaking my leg in March I have skied only in the Tetons and have not been able to get the miles. I only have 2 days to ski before competing so I am hoping my leg will feel strong. I have been training at Mountain Athlete 3 days a week ski specific to prepare for skiing again. After Lenas I will head to Valle Nevado for the second stop on the tour, followed by 4 days of skiing in Termas De Chillan. I am really excited to get back on snow and see the ski family again! Thanks so much to my sponsors for helping me be able to travel and compete in South America. Head, Arcteryx, Mountain Athlete, Scott, Probar, Gu , Hestra, Icebreaker and Jackson Hole Mountain Resort!


Top of the Marte lift

No comments: