Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ranch Party 2008


There is not a lot going on this time of year so for the last seven years I have been inviting eight of my friends down to the ranch that my family manages in the winds. It is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. A lot of my friends have not had to much experience with horses so it is always a great oppurtunity for them to learn how to ride. This was a special weekend because we happened to be shipping our cows to winter pasture so it involved some cowboying. Everybody was psyched to get their chance to move some cows. We moved cows Friday and Saturday, everybody did really well and definitely had their fair share of riding and using muscles they did not know exsisted. 
After the cows had been shipped away into their respective trucks we gathered up the remaining people and all rode horses up to this place I call the canyon which is where the Big Sandy river comes down and enters into the ranch. We scrambled up the rocks and then up to an overlook above the river. this is one of my favorite places so i was glad to share it with everyone. By the time we got back it was getting late so some of us went to watch the sunset and some took a siesta. We then all cooked and had a sit down dinner together in the hill house which is my favorite cabin on the ranch because it overlooks the entire valley. Everyone can't wait until next year.



No comments: