Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Skiing First Pow of the Year


I have been going up on Teton Pass the last five days and have been skiing some great snow. I have also been kicking my butt into shape! I have hiked Glory Bowl five days in a row and have been hiking it in about 41-45 minutes depending on how aggressive I am feeling that day. The last two days have been amazing powder days but very cold. Cold weather makes for light fluffy powder though which is a great thing. The snowpack is setting up to be dangerous on November 29th we had freezing rain which set up a horrible crust layer underneath the top layer that we are all enjoying now, the frozen layer is a couple of inches thick. We all just need to be careful with what we ski especially after last year we had very stable conditions. The tram opens on Saturday so that is exciting!

No comments: