Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Outdoor Retailer and Arcteryx



Part Of Arcteryx Team

This past weekend I experienced the Outdoor Retailer show in Salt Lake. It was a great time to see all of next years gear from different vendors. I met some of my various sponsors reps including my Arcteryx rep Laura, who I am constant contact with via email, but have never met. I also got to check out the new colors Arcteryx is coming out with and the new designs. I also learned more about the Hestra gloves, Jansport backpacks, Icebreaker and Nuun & Company. The night I happened to be there was the celebration of Greg Hills 2 million vertical feet self-supported in one year. Pretty impressive!! Greg is also an Arcteryx athlete so it was really neat to meet such an amazing athlete. Glen Plake was there and he is always a great person to be around, he has so much energy and I realize why he made extreme skiing the way it is today. It was great to meet some of the main Arcteryx team from the head designer to the head of apparrel and color. Arcteryx has been such an amazing sponsor for me so it was great to be able to learn more about production and how the company functions. I like to be able to talk about the different gear when people ask, so it definitely was a good learning experience and a lot of fun!



Greg Hill and Glen Plake

No comments: